The Landguard Peninsula is a unique, exciting and diverse location for photographic opportunities - huge container ships, wonderful wildlife, amazing objects at the Felixstowe Museum and the historic Landguard Fort.
Enter our photography competition - and you could WIN a cash prize of £50 * to put towards photographic equipment, plus a framed copy of your photograph.
* Many thanks to the well-respected local professional photographer James Fletcher for supplying the cash prize. Visit his website at www.james-fletcher.com
1. Please read through the full terms and conditions below before you enter our competition, these will provide you with all the details to make sure your entry meets the correct criteria.
2. Choose one of the three competition themes (see below). Entrants may only submit one photograph for inclusion into one of the three themes.
3. Submit your photograph to the Landguard Photography Competition 2017 by emailing us at email@example.com Please include your full name, age, a telephone number where we can contact you (if there are any problems) and the theme you would like to enter.
There are three different themes.
Theme 1: Wildlife - sea life, butterflies, birds, etc.
Theme 2: Macro - close up photography.
Theme 3: Photographs at Landguard that make you go 'wow'! - let loose your imagination.
Key Entry Criteria
- The competition is open to UK residents only, including all amateur and professional photographers.
- All photographs must have been taken on the Landguard Peninsula at Felixstowe in Suffolk.
- The photograph must not have been published previously or won a prize in any other photographic competition.
- Entrants may only submit one photograph for inclusion into one of the three themes.
- Closing date for entry is 12pm on Wednesday 6 September 2017.
- Need some inspiration? Click here for the Landguard Photography Competition: The Winners Gallery 2016.
Photography Workshops 2017
Join us for one of our Photography Workshops at Landguard.
Led by the well-respected local professional photographer James Fletcher - www.james-fletcher.com Each workshop costs £35.00 per person. Pre-booking essential.
Please click on the relevant workshop below for further information:
Terms and Conditions
1. The Landguard Photography Competition 2017 has a number of terms and conditions for entry. These are important to ensure that the photograph you submit is both eligible to win and meets important legal and fair criteria. Note that any deviation from these terms and conditions may regretfully render your submission to the competition void.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. All photographs must have been taken on the Landguard Peninsula at Felixstowe in Suffolk. The photograph must not have been published previously or won a prize in any other photographic competition. Entrants may only submit one photograph for inclusion into one of the three themes.
4. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
5. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing entry to the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to the Landguard Partnership to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
6. All entries must be received by the advertised closing date and time.
7. Only one entry per person. Entries which are late, illegible, incomplete, offensive, defaced, corrupt or otherwise contrary to the spirit of the competition will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. If there is any doubt, the Landguard Partnership will decide whether or not a photograph fulfils particular criteria for a given theme. If it does not it will be withdrawn. The Landguard Partnership’s decision is final.
8. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
9. The competition is open to UK residents only, including all amateur and professional photographers. Employees of the Landguard Partnership, its partners, representatives and immediate families or anyone else involved in the competition are not eligible to enter. Entrants under the age of 12 years need to have parent or guardian consent to enter.
10. Closing date for entries is 12pm on Wednesday 6 September 2017. From Monday 11 September to 12pm on Monday 25 September 2017, there will be a period of online voting by the public on the Landguard Partnership website at www.discoverlandguard.org.uk This will determine the 12 competition winners - four from each of the three themes. A panel of judges will then pick the overall "Judges Choice" winner. The Judges decision is final.
11. The overall "Judges Choice" winner will win a cash prize of £50 to put towards photographic equipment, plus a framed copy of their photograph. No substitution prize will be offered. The Landguard Partnership reserves the right to change the prize at any time.
12. In the event of any dispute English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts will prevail.
13. If you would like to send us feedback or any queries about the competition, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org